David and the Auction
At one point in the history of Cyma, David and his cohorts picked up assets for his business at bankruptcy auctions. He found it to be a very cost-effective way to acquire office furnishings for his rapidly growing company, and frequently received mailings from auction houses.
One auction he found particularly intriguing; it was the bankruptcy of an upscale office furnishings retailer. He was hopeful of finding some nice-looking things for the office, and was quite excited to attend.
When he returned home that evening, he slunk in, almost shamefaced. "I hope you don't mind, but I bought some things for our house," he began, and continued quickly, "There wasn't time to call you; I had to either buy them or not." I was surprised but reserved judgment until I saw what he had purchased.
Fortunately, David has excellent taste. The Ed Mell lithos were very acceptable, as was the large mirrored screen. There were probably other items as well, but I cannot remember them. David was relieved that I forgave him, and I was delighted with our new beautiful pieces. Oh, yes, he did buy quite a bit for his office as well, including the desk and credenza that he uses to this day.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home