Sunday, October 01, 2006

Laura's Expanded Vocabulary

Shortly after we moved into the Mallory house, three-year-old Laura went to play with the little girls of one of our neighbors. After she came home, I overheard her playing with her dolls, chattering away about who knows what. I only remember one little phrase of her childish babble: "d#@% it!"

I couldn't believe my burning ears! I looked at her incredulously, but she was clearly unaware that she had said anything objectionable. Calmly and reasonably (at least, that was my intent), I explained that we don't say that, and she accepted it without a fuss. It's probably the only time in her life she has indulged in colorful language. At least, the only time I know about.

1 Comments:

At 9:01 AM, Blogger Bellamama said...

I guess I should be grateful you caught it early enough that it's never been a habit, but how shocking that must have been to hear such a little girl swear! And really, though it shouldn't be, how funny!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home