Current Events
Hi all. Sorry about being on hiatus. Having the family journal as a resource made me lazy, and I'm looking for more crutches. I dug out some resource material but I have to look at it, and I'm still doing the usual minding-the-family thing.
You wouldn't think a family the ages of my children would be so high-maintenance, would you? But there's still laundry and dishes and general housework and errands--Tuesday was a full day of errands. Did I mention cooking? Better not; David does the lion's share of that (thank you!). And YW--never a dull moment there. Somehow the days just fly by.
But I wanted to share a happy thought for today, and remind you all that I have not wholly abandoned this blog. Today is cool and breezy, my favorite kind of weather, especially after the higher temperatures of the last few days. (Don't laugh, Zonies--the 80s are uncomfortable if you don't have air conditioning.)
So on this lovely September morning, I opened a box of pumpkin biscotti that my friend Pam, who is a professional biscotti maker, gave me last night. [I used to think that biscotti was dry and inedible without dunking it in--oh, hot chocolate--and even then, you could do better with a nice Mrs. Field's. Pam has reinvented biscotti into a crisp and delectable cookie that is wholly addicting.] I took one spicy pumpkin-y bite--and suddenly it's Autumn. It was worth every calorie (80).
Happy Autumn.

1 Comments:
woo hoo! Please don't leave us EVER again! (and can I have some biscotti?)
Post a Comment
<< Home