Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Journal's End

September 25, 1983 was the date of the last entry in the family journal. To wrap it up, I did a quick review of where we all stood.

David, age 29, was in good physical condition, serving as ward financial clerk, and doing well at Cyma.

I was almost 27, and trying to get myself back together physically after having Stuart. I had a brand-new hairstyle, exercise classes, a modeling class (a total waste of time), and had begun to lose my pregnancy weight. And I was trying to be a better mom.

Gordon, having turned six and in first grade, was "such a little man." He loved to tease his sisters, but was a good student and a good helper at home.

Laura, age four and in preschool, was pretty, charming, and a little bit tempermental. "She'll get all contrary and say, 'I'm mad.'" She was very imaginative and would pretend "by the hour."

Karren, just 19 months old and already displaced as the baby, was struggling. She was very sensitive to criticism and still very willful. She had adorable expressions--rolling her eyes and pouting her lips, and her vocabulary was expanding to include such necessary terms as "story" "Mama" "Daddy" "Baby" "drink" "bye" "no" "OK" "more" "out" "ball" "dog" "shoes" and "Sara." (Of course, you had to be able to understand her developing pronunciation.)

Stuart, at 2 months, was growing like a weed. At 16 lb 10 oz, we described him as "a little horse." He smiled happily, drank bottles with contentment, and had spontaneously developed a schedule that was very liveable. "Very mellow & good-tempered. We love him."

And that's the end of the journal.

1 Comments:

At 7:19 PM, Blogger AliceK[i]ND said...

Where are you Gayle??? I miss your blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home