Monday, June 05, 2006

Lost Opportunity

October 1982 David and I went to Conference with the Ryans and the Morgans. On Sunday we had brunch at the Roof restaurant at the top of the Hotel Utah (now the Joseph Smith Memorial Building) with the Morgans. As we left the restaurant, we decided to make a bathroom stop. I was the last one out, and as I came out of the bathroom, saw a policemann disappearing down the hall, and David and the Morgans standing there with stunned expressions on their faces.

"What was that?" I asked, "A drug bust?" When David and the Morgans found their voices, they set me straight. They had just met President and Sister Kimball, who had a police escort, of course. And I had just missed it. I was terribly disappointed. 25 years later, I'm almost over it.

1 Comments:

At 1:39 PM, Blogger Bellamama said...

Oh, Mommy! How stinky! I hate missing fun stuff!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home