Sunday, May 28, 2006

Clothing makes the Superhero

Shortly after Karren was born, I bought Laura and Gordon each some Underoos: "underwear that's fun to wear!" That is, an underwear set that looks like a superhero costume. We got Superman for Gordon and Spiderwoman for Laura--who is Spiderwoman? I have no idea. But she had an Underoos set in Laura's size.

Gordon and Laura were enchanted. Excerpt from the family journal: "They really are crazy about them. They run through the house 'getting the bad guys.' They even sleep in them. What a success!"

At some later date, Donna Bradshaw made Gordon and Laura each a superhero cape--Gordon's in bright primary colors, Laura's in pastels. They were ingeniously designed with a shirt-front (sporting a hero logo) which turned into a cape over the shoulders and a button-strap around the back. Those were used for many years until outgrown and worn nearly to ribbons.

2 Comments:

At 9:58 PM, Blogger Bellamama said...

I remember those! We ran up and down the halls, so the capes would stream out behind us, and saved the world from who knows what.

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger kt said...

Stuart and I had some, too. Stu's was in baby blue with red (while Gordon's was the traditional blue & red); Laura's was baby blue and baby pink - mine was traditional blue with a deep pink/purple color.

We used to wear socks and slip and slide down the log hall as we sped to the rescue!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home