Friday, May 05, 2006

The Life of a Three-year-old Boy

Excerpts from the family journal:

September 20th, 1980.

"...Gordon went to Davy Johnson's birthday party--his first party all by himself. He had a great time.

'It was really nice,' he said. They had 'orange ice cream and white cake.' Then he frowned. 'I forgot to eat my cake. We better go back so I can eat my cake.' I had to talk him out of that.

He got a big balloon, and a red plastic watch. Most satisfactory."

October 10th, 1980

"...we went to Bill Johnson's Big Apple to eat, and Gordon saw 3 policemen. H was so thrilled! As we left, 2 of them left, and they turned on the flashing lights on their car for Gordon. He really was impressed. He said, 'The p'licemen took their guns and filled them with water and shot the men dead!'"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home