Wednesday, April 26, 2006

It's a girl!

Our second baby was due mid-August, but came late. It was not until the morning of August 26 that I finally went into labor. Laura was born soon after 9pm on that same day. Shortly after she was born, I was wheeled into the hall with Laura in my arms. As we waited to be taken to our room, Laura looked up at me and then broke into a breathtaking smile, flashing her enormous dimples for the very first time. She has not stopped smiling since.

Laura was born in Tempe Community Hospital, which was Dr. Bair's hospital. She was the only baby in the nursery, so she was spoiled rotten--the nurses couldn't get enough of her. They were a little old-fashioned in their notions, and refused to bring her into me at night to be fed, preferring to give her a bottle during the night. I was very much annoyed with the nurses, but we were all thoroughly delighted with Laura, including Gordon. She was his "bebe."

1 Comments:

At 10:03 AM, Blogger Bellamama said...

That's me! That's me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home