(A)typical Day
In February of 1981, I recorded a day of events that I described as "not exactly a typical day, but [a type that happens] far, far too often."
First, an episode of being locked out of the house by Gordon. Since I talked about that last time, I will only add that with each episode, the annoyance factor increased by orders of magnitude.
Then Gordon and Laura got into our year's supply of hotel soap, which soap was a legacy from some family member (probably my father) who convinced us that gazillions of tiny little bars of soap were a good emergency preparedness item, especially since they were given to us. That may have been true, but not after the kids loaded them into the back bathroom sink and poured water all over the soap, the sink, and the floor, creating "a hopeless mess."
Later in the day, the two of them demolished the window screen in Gordon's bedroom. [sigh]
Some days you run as fast as you can just to stay in the same place.

2 Comments:
Sorry, Mum.
wow. they make me look good!
Post a Comment
<< Home