Thursday, July 13, 2006

Australia - Friday May 13 - Welcome to Sydney

Friday morning, get up (breakfast, phone call), pack, fly to Sydney. Part of the airfare price was going to three cities, so Sydney is city #2. Sydney is cosmopolitan, like San Francisco, certainly unlike any other city in Australia. We checked into the Boulevard, a very nice hotel, and settled into two rooms, presumably connected, before heading down to get some lunch.

We ate at the hotel restaurant, nicer than the fish bars in Townsville by quite a bit, probably nicer than the Reef restaurant. Laura ordered a Wooloomooloo burger, which was a hamburger, and Gordon and David got the steak-and-kidney pie. I tasted it, and David and I agreed it had an unmistakable taste of zoo about it. Yuk.

After lunch, David had a business meeting with Paul Wenham of Grant Thornton International, so the kids and I vegged in the hotel for the afternoon. In fact, after David's return, we had room service for dinner. Sounds like a nothing day, but a nearly three hour flight with three and a half small children can be exhausting. So we regrouped for a fun-filled day to follow.

1 Comments:

At 1:39 PM, Blogger AliceK[i]ND said...

I'm enjoying every bit of your trip... and enjoying fond memories of my own trip there in 1996, under very different circumstances. (Just me and two other single gals.) Met Jay shortly after I returned. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home