Tuesday, April 18, 2006

The Family Journal

So...I found the old original family journal from the first days of our marriage. I have mixed emotions about this. Up to this point, it has been kind of fun to reflect on past years, without having to sync my memories with pesky facts. On the other hand, facts have their uses, and memories are notoriously malleable, as any good trial attorney can tell you (right, Brock?). And I did discover the new address of that house we moved, which had been lost in the mists of time.

I confess to being a little disappointed in my journal-writing skills. I skipped over every reference to David transferring from MCC to ASU, and devoted pages to Gordon's every well check-up, with height and weight duly recorded. On the other hand, as David pointed out, our children were, and are, of primary and eternal interest. And who knows? In time, we may want to graph these numbers or something. But certainly it reveals the frame of mind of new parents (OK, "New Mom"; I can't blame David for this), utterly fascinated with the hitherto unsuspected delights of Their Baby. Not that David wasn't utterly fascinated. He just wasn't insane.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home