Monday, February 27, 2006

Rainy Days and Mondays

"The rain, rain, rain, came down, down, down
In rushing, rising, rivlets..."
---from that Winnie-the-Pooh movie

As I slipped and slithered on the freeway today, because today was errand day whatever the weather, I wished I was home.

Rainy days should be home days. It's easy to be mellow when the light is dim and the constant patter of the rain muffles everyday life--if you're, say, sitting by the fire with a mug of hot chocolate and a good novel. However, if you're clutching the steering wheel of a car that wants to play slip-and-slide on the on-ramp to 85 southbound from 101 southbound, the old b.p. ratchets up a notch, and you squint at the dimmish light and strain your ears at the pounding rain and gusty wind. And you are grateful that the littlest ducking is driving a car with new tires and new brakes.

But I'm home now, none the worse for wear, the damp coat airing on the back of the chair, and now--now I'm enjoying the sound of the rain.

Pattery pat pat.

2 Comments:

At 8:50 PM, Blogger kt said...

and whose car with new tires & new brakes might that be, I wonder ... :*(

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger Alli said...

But at least I'm still quacking!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home